Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to Connect TV (having RCA Video Input Port) with Laptop (having VGA Output)?

I am having an old Sony CRT TV with RCA Video input and a Lenovo with VGA Output port.
I connected them with help of VGA to 3RCA cable (VGA Pins at one end and three RCA Pins at another end - Red - White - Yellow colored pins).
Then Change PC Display settings to Dual Monitor By Pressing "Connect to the Projector Link" in the windows 7 display settings.
I got PC Monitor displayed in my TV but not clearly. Not in Single window.
It displayed like Three column window, each column consists of PC screen. If I lowered the resolution size of three bands changed but not displayed clearly.
Is there any driver to correct the display? or any other methods to do it correctly.
Thanks in advance.
Link given below shows the cable I am using.
http://www.lulusoso.com/upload/20120319/VGA_Male_to_RCA_Male_adaptor_cable.jpg
I Followed
http://www.ehow.com/how_6153541_build-vga-tv-converter.html

Last edited:
what you are trying to do is an extremely tricky and finicky thing.
if you get anything on the screen of the TV that is probably the best you will get, the resolution of the screen is ver very low, and going from VGA to RCA makes the connection unstable with no information to the computer other than a notification that there is something connected to it.

Try starting from the lowest 4:3 (aspect ratio) resolution and work up until it cannot display anymore.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
The frequencies used for VGA display and standard PAL or NTSC TV sets are not compatible. VGA uses much higher frequencies for both horizontal and vertical scan. Also PAL and NTSC are interlaced while VGA usually isn't - at least, not at low resolutions.

You might be able to set your display to use frequencies and a resolution that are low enough for a standard TV set to display, but I doubt it. See if there's a program that allows you to customise the video parameters.

Otherwise you can buy a box that will do what you want, but you will lose a lot of detail.