Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How is first figure drawn here in fuzzy logic? I know how second figure is drawn tho.

Harald Kapp

The first figure is the same as the second. It only shows the 2 components µA and µB separately whereas the second figure shiws the resulting composite µAuB.
Graduating soon???

The first figure is the same as the second. It only shows the 2 components µA and µB separately whereas the second figure shiws the resulting composite µAuB.
Graduating soon???
The secnd figure is union of the first figure. But I don't understand how the first figure has been drawn bro.

Bro, dude, chum, I think the first graph is another example, unrelated to the maths above.
Short answer: You can't get the first figure from anywhere. It's an example.
Poor slide? Yes.
It appears that he has not defined the membership function {} used in the maths. I can't see any obvious definition that leads to a graph similar to the lower graph. Conclusion: they are not related. Just two separated examples of using MAX() as union of fuzzy sets.

Harald Kapp

At around 4:00 in the video the teacher explains µA and µB as two sample membership functions. These are totally unrelated to the first example using sets A, B and the union of these, C. Nowhere in the video does the teacher make a direct connection between these two examples.

At around 4:00 in the video the teacher explains µA and µB as two sample membership functions. These are totally unrelated to the first example using sets A, B and the union of these, C. Nowhere in the video does the teacher make a direct connection between these two examples.
thanks sir, means a lot to me.

Ok,I had watched it too; did the same as you. You said it better than I did. :)

Software tip: In Inkscape, you can draw any arbitrary shape (closed path) - draw two overlapping shapes and you can do boolean operations on those.

Um, is it just me felling the Deja vu ?