Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How i can retrieve and change firmware?

I want to know what microprocessors it is using. i failed to find it. Where is the firmware program stored. how to retrieve and change it?

Attachments

• 5y725P4fVSfHSPKdUV25fKdX.jpg
    5y725P4fVSfHSPKdUV25fKdX.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 262
  • g4gAD68dUheR6yAhRMaQDNd9.jpg
    g4gAD68dUheR6yAhRMaQDNd9.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 235
Welcome to EP.
You can not find it since it is internal to the big IC ,and most probably secured locked.
What is written on U2 ?

ESMT device is DRAM : http://www.esmt.com.tw/DB/manager/upload/M12L64164A.pdf
Looking at the CPU? AST6801WFS ... but I can't find a datasheet... please confirm the number...
I see a similar chip used in GPS devices, why do you need the firmware?

Please read the terms of use for the device. Reverse engineering this may not be legal.
Sir Thank you so much for help. I would like to change the internal program. This is a circuit of fingerprint attendance system. I want to learn and change it according to my requirement. I know about programming but not so much about hardware. Sorry my english is not so good. :)

Sir Thank you so much for help. I would like to change the internal program. This is a circuit of fingerprint attendance system. I want to learn and change it according to my requirement. I know about programming but not so much about hardware. Sorry my english is not so good. :)
This is where things get incredibly difficult and risky...
You see, the firmware is probably in the GPCxxxxxx device, but I can't actually find any documentation on it. It's incredibly hard to read the number.
In order to reverse engineer and then later modify the firmware, you need to know what the CPU is, and what instruction set it's using. Alternatively, if the manufacturer offers 'firmware updates', you could try to manually manipulate the firmware image before upload.
** You will most likely brick this device!
You should also have a method of directly writing the firmware to the device in case you brick it... if you can't restore a known good image, then you will end up a paper weight that will no longer work.

This is where things get incredibly difficult and risky...
You see, the firmware is probably in the GPCxxxxxx device, but I can't actually find any documentation on it. It's incredibly hard to read the number.
In order to reverse engineer and then later modify the firmware, you need to know what the CPU is, and what instruction set it's using. Alternatively, if the manufacturer offers 'firmware updates', you could try to manually manipulate the firmware image before upload.
** You will most likely brick this device!
You should also have a method of directly writing the firmware to the device in case you brick it... if you can't restore a known good image, then you will end up a paper weight that will no longer work.
Thank you so much for giving such useful info. I planned to develop android app instead of doing this all stuff. I know c/c++ and java programming that i regularly use. Now i want to interface fingerprint ttl module with android tablet Using FTDI chip ttl to USB Converter. Problem is my android tablet having only one usb port and i have to interface two devices that is Fingerprint Module and RFID module. Do you know any solution for this.

Thank you so much for giving such useful info. I planned to develop android app instead of doing this all stuff. I know c/c++ and java programming that i regularly use. Now i want to interface fingerprint ttl module with android tablet Using FTDI chip ttl to USB Converter. Problem is my android tablet having only one usb port and i have to interface two devices that is Fingerprint Module and RFID module. Do you know any solution for this.
You can connect to multiple USB devices quite easily with a hub...
Additionally, look at the board you posted earlier. It has RS485 and a UART port... maybe you will get lucky and find that these ports allow you to read/write the data you need.
I strongly discourage modifying the firmware though... Without the source code you will be stuck with trying to interpret byte-code or assembly. (Although some products can kind of auto reverse engineer to a higher level programming language... It's still incredibly messy and hard to interpret! Variable names and function names for example will no longer exists.)

You can connect to multiple USB devices quite easily with a hub...
Additionally, look at the board you posted earlier. It has RS485 and a UART port... maybe you will get lucky and find that these ports allow you to read/write the data you need.
I strongly discourage modifying the firmware though... Without the source code you will be stuck with trying to interpret byte-code or assembly. (Although some products can kind of auto reverse engineer to a higher level programming language... It's still incredibly messy and hard to interpret! Variable names and function names for example will no longer exists.)
Thank You So Much Sir.

I'd like the manufacturer name and URL if possible in order to ask for some firmware changes.
Anybody is able to supply manufacturer data?