Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hitachi hta-dd3 AV surround receiver problem

I have an Hitachi hta-dd3 AV surround receiver with a weird fault(s).
The unit works fine in most modes but many of the functions don't.
1. There is no remote control. The remote itself appears to work as I can get a learning remote to respond (and learn). I put the CRO probe on the sensor in the receiver I can see it's receiving a signal when I operate the remote.
2. The surround sound doesn't work when operated from the front panel . If I select any surround sound mode it indicates on the display correctly but doesn't actually function (no sound in the speakers).
3. The video inputs/outputs don't function.
There are some other relatively minor functions that don't work but otherwise the receiver operates normally, switching audio inputs in stereo properly with sound out to the front speakers and in that way it's usable.
I suspect there's a common problem causing all this but as yet I haven't been able to pin it down.
I've tried initialising the microprocessor as per the user manual but that didn't fix it.
Possibly there's some arcane key press combination (I'm hoping) that may cause the unit to function properly.
I have the service manual and been over it but so far I haven't been able to pin the cause down.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Peter

hi i just got one of these on you need a remote if so what brand are you useing also is there chance of you downloading the Manuel i cant get one i did locate a remote in the uk but they wont post to aus t would really like the Manuel
cheers ted
ps i am not allowed to give you my email address

hi i just got one of these on you need a remote if so what brand are you useing also is there chance of you downloading the Manuel i cant get one i did locate a remote in the uk but they wont post to aus t would really like the Manuel
cheers ted
ps i am not allowed to give you my email address

No, I don't need a remote. The one I have is working, the remote control problem is at the receiver end,

I bought my service manual (US$10) from getmanual.com in Russia with no problems.
Regards Peter