Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with identifying resistor - yet again

Hello everyone. I need help identifying a resistor. From what I can see, it's red red silver gold black. The black is throwing me.

It's reading open. I think. Or really small.

It's the big grey one in the attached photo. It's been a long time since I tried to repair a board, so apologies in advance if this is a noob question.

Thanks in advance for your help.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks. .22 ohms. I suppose that's why I can't read it very well on my meter.

The cap is definitely toast. Hopefully that will be my only repair.

R31 is not the resistor in question. The relevant one has red bands, not orange (checked with Photoshop).

davenn

R31 is not the resistor in question. The relevant one has red bands, not orange (checked with Photoshop).

we know that

the one in question is the big WW resistor and two of us are saying it's definitely much more orange looking than red

specially when comparing it to the RED band on R31

the one in question is the big WW resistor
I know that.;). Analyse the band colour with Photoshop. R component dominates; G and B components are about equal and only half the R component. For orange, the G component would be markedly greater than the B component.
R31 may not even come from the same manufacturer, so paint colours may vary.

Thanks. .22 ohms. I suppose that's why I can't read it very well on my meter.

The cap is definitely toast. Hopefully that will be my only repair.
I believe Alec is correct. That resistor is probably an emitter resistor which is normally a small value. The fact that it is a wire wound tells me that that circuit may not be rf, but dc only, as a wire wound can act as an inductor in an rf circuit.