Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with diode replacement

Hi I hope someone can help I have to replace the diode D7 in the picture I have tried googling the numbers on the device but I can't find anything I have very limited experience and would really appreciate any help

Attachments

• IMAG1002.jpg
    IMAG1002.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 138

davenn

welcome to EP :)

Hi I hope someone can help I have to replace the diode D7 in the picture I have tried googling the numbers on the device but I can't find anything I have very limited experience and would really appreciate any help

I cant read the numbers on the diode ... the pic being upside down doesn't help either

Are you just grasping for straws . . . . . what is the Vf being read across it with a DVM in diode test mode . . . . with it possibly reading ~200 mv, unless you have a shorted junction.

Sorry like I said I have limited experience the diode is open circuit
Yes I probably am grasping at straws just hoping that someone would know what diode this is so I could replace it.
I never intended to annoy just I have no clue and I could do with some help.

Does the PCB have a manufacturers name and part number on it. If so it may be possible to get some info on the board such as a schematic or Bill of Materials (BOM) which may help.

Thank you all it's a Chinese soldering iron control board so no diagrams I can't even find a manufacturer.
I will remove it from the board to get a better picture as it has a symbol on it but not ON