Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help required with Scantronics 9448+ alarm system

Hi all, 1st post on here and hoping somebody could help me out. Came in early hours this morning, went to switch the alarm off and saw that the top light(mains power) was flashing. Not knowing what it was at the time we set the alarm and went to bed. Approx 9am this morning the alarm was triggered so I came downstairs and unset the alarm and noticed the front room pir flashing on and off constantly. After looking around the internet I decided to open the alarm, I switched off the mains, disconnected the battery and the alarm went off all together. At that point I checked the fuse and noticed one had blown . After replacing and connecting the battery and switching the power back on everything was ok, the front room pir was working as it should and after testing the alarm functions they all were ok. After a few minutes I checked the alarm panel again and the power light was flashing again so it looks as though the fuse has blown again. Can a worn out battery cause the fuse to blow? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank's in advance.:)