Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help me with LIN regulator Tester

I do not have much knowledge in electronics, but I can understand the thing,and know some arduino basics..
I was given a project about to test the 'LIN regulator'

LIN-local interconnect network is controlled alternator-regulator for next-generation vehicles.
I basically understood about this is that ,the output voltage is dependent on digital input given to that..

All I need is how to construct the circuit, I have searched the internet there is nothing related directly to it.
I want to build something like this(Ad50 Autodiagger 50)....

And I have all the required data of LIN regulator like specification and data sheet...
This is my first project and need a start, just give the idea on how to work on this and build a working circuit.
positive replies will be appreciated...

I do not have much knowledge in electronics, but I can understand the thing,and know some arduino basics..

LIN-local interconnect network is controlled alternator-regulator for next-generation vehicles.
I basically understood about this is that ,the output voltage is dependent on digital input given to that..

All I need is how to construct the circuit, I have searched the internet there is nothing related directly to it.

And I have all the required data of LIN regulator like specification and data sheet...
This is my first project and need a start, just give the idea on how to work on this and build a working circuit.

So it is a learning experience. Help him learn.
Can you post the data sheet for the part or give us a part number we can find?
General comments ...
Simulate the working environment the device is used in. Input voltage. Output load ...
What specifications must be met?
Beyond you? Take it one step at a time. Form specific questions and find answers.

Application notes are helpful.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/analog/doc/app_note/AN4289.pdf?pspll=1

The LIN alternator regulator family of devices is specially designed to work in adverse
environments. It supplies a current through a high side MOSFET to the excitation coil of the alternator and provides an internal freewheeling diode. It’s main functionality is to keep the battery at its nominal value, whatever the vehicle demand. The protection and diagnosis may be programmed using OTP (non-volatile Memory).

Additionally, these devices have a fail-safe mode for continuous battery charging in the event LIN is disconnected.

Attachments

• AN4289.pdf
    629.8 KB · Views: 103