Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help making pcb for this camera

Hey guys
i need your help please i am working with arduino project to make live vision
i want to ask you if it is possible to make a pcb for this camera which i disassembled from a sony smartphone or use adapter or something i don't even know the socket of it

camera.jpg
Thanks so mush

I don't think the camera would handle the head associated with reflow, it might melt the plastic. So you could, but it's not ideal get some Sil strips 1mm pitch and solder them to the pads, put a nice bit of solder around the pins, it will be fragile so be careful. You could then make a PCB for this. I would personally see if I could solder some wires to the pad and use that instead. You could add a small amount of Tak-Pak to the wires to help secure them.
Adam

I would attempt to solder that to a PCB as follows:

Make the pads about 3/4 the width of the pads on the camera. This is so you don't short together 2 pads, which are very closely spaced on the camera.

The pads should extend about 1 mm beyond the end of the camera outline.

Fill up all the pads with paste solder and carefully place the camera centered on the pads.

Now touch each pad briefly with a small conical tip on the soldering iron to melt the paste solder.

I have used this technique with surface mount LEDs that are square and have similar pads, but, of course, not nearly so many.

Bob

I would attempt to solder that to a PCB as follows:

Make the pads about 3/4 the width of the pads on the camera. This is so you don't short together 2 pads, which are very closely spaced on the camera.

The pads should extend about 1 mm beyond the end of the camera outline.

Fill up all the pads with paste solder and carefully place the camera centered on the pads.

Now touch each pad briefly with a small conical tip on the soldering iron to melt the paste solder.

I have used this technique with surface mount LEDs that are square and have similar pads, but, of course, not nearly so many.

Bob
Good Idea Bob