Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help! Infocus IN76 Projector Repair (HDMI & DVI port fail)

Hi,

I have an Infocus IN76 DLP projector. As there is only 1 HDMI port I bought a HDMI switch which allows me to input multiple HDMI plugs into the 1 port. Unfortunately I did something silly as the switch was working of an adaptor with multiple voltages I accidently powered the switch with too many volts which I believe killed the HDMI port and the DVI port.

Currently when I power the projector all the ports work except for the HDMI and DVI ports. This sucks as I basically have no way for viewing HD sources on the projector. I contacted the infocus repair centre they want $800 to repair because basically they will swap out the main board.

Is there anyway of fixing the ports or replacing the ports without replacing the entire board. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Darryl

davenn

Hi Darryl
welcome to the forums :)

After working in servicing many LCD and DLP projectors over the years, including the Infocus brand they comments are inline with the norm. generally any board faults are repaired by complete board replacement. There is no spare parts list for individual components on boards. With the cost of diagnosing the faulty components then the time for doing the replacement of very fine surface mound devices SMD's on very complex PCB's you are going to be in for a similar cost anyway.
You are NOT likely to be able to access circuit diagrams or spare parts even if you were miraculously able to diagnose which parts are faulty..
Its the same across many industries, including the one I have just started in, where a single replacement board can cost in excess of $5000.00

For $800 repair for u, its probably cheaper to write it off and put the money towards a new unit with a year or so of warranty

sorry for the bad news but its the way it is these days

cheers
Dave