Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help for power regulation?

Harald Kapp

We need more information (background) on what you want to achieve:
  • what is the nominal operating voltage of your circuit?
  • what is the operating current of your circuit?
  • whre do the 200V come from (source, internal resistance...)

There are ways of limiting voltage (zener diodes, suppressor diodes, varistors etc,) but the appplication of these components depends on the circuit where they are used. In any case some form of current limiting will be required.

This voltage is used for taking measurement. The voltage varies for 0.5V to 200V. The voltage is created on a coil(inductor) due to induced emf when a current flows through a primary conductor using Faraday's current law..The voltage above 25V is due to fault current in the primary conductor which I dont require to measure. So from 0.5V to 25V I want the actual voltage and above 25V to 200V I want the voltage to be clamped at 25V.I hand winded this coil using a copper wire in a iron plates. It is working fine.. The voltage is getting induced in the coil when I place the coil near to conductor which carries current. I have trial and error and fixed a no of turns so that 1A at primary 1V at secondary. I dont know much theory nor I am a professional on this design its just trial and error. Can anyone help to find a component which can do my job? Please help!!!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I would place back to back 25V 5W zener diodes across the coil. I'm assuming the short circuit current through this coil is quite low, but a relatively beefy zener is not going to cost much.