Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help finding DC barrel panel mount Jack

Having trouble finding a panel mount jack that will accept a barrel plug sized at OD: 3.5mm, ID: 1.35mm, Legnth: 10mm

Basically what I'm trying to to do is mount a jack in a small project box that will accept a small plug at 5V dc. The cheap adapters I have found are the size I mentioned above so I was looking for a panel mount jack to accept it.

I am open to any ideas on how to get 5v regulated dc from a wall wart to my box.

Thanks!

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Not quite sure what you want.

You specify something with an inner diameter equal to the outer diameter. That's not going to happen. Perhaps you mis-typed?

Can you show us the plug?

If your plugpack is regulated, you should not need another regulator if you want the same voltage.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I couldn't find any at digikey that were panel mount. mouser has a terrible interface and I didn't look any further. Where have you looked (there are many other sites)?

All over the web. I was hoping to find that size because all the wall adapters I've found that have a larger barrel connector are like twice as much. I may have to bite the bullet and spend more. Just odd that that 3.5 size is so hard to find.

Thanks for your help Steve.