Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello - RF delay line

Hi
I haven't done any construction since school days but really loved doing it.
I have an idea for a project which will solve an AV issue I have at home.
I use the powered RF2 output on my Sky+HD box to to distribute my Digital TV aerial signal and my Sky output to 3 TV's in my house.
I've just bought a new (4th) main TV and that receives the HDMI output from the Sky Box.
The decryption of the HDMI in the TV leads to a delay in this main TV which causes an echo around the house. It's a fraction of a second of about 100 to 300ms. The analogue signal getting there first!
I imagine that I can put a simple resistance/capacitance circuit in the RF2 output, inline, but don't know quite where to start looking for resources.
Would any one be prepared to guide me?
Phil

I don't but I would get one. I was thinking of a separate device to put in the RF out to the rest of the house and using the power in that line. I was not thinking of meddling inside the box!

Check your TV control menu for adjustment of sound/vision synchronisation. Many sets include this function as there are known issues.

Check your TV control menu for adjustment of sound/vision synchronisation. Many sets include this function as there are known issues.
Thanks. The new TV has a delay setting but it is already delayed! The other TV's are older and don't have that facility. I think the Sky box has a delay setting but it doesn't discriminate between the outputs. So unfortunately this solution didn't help. I have googled it a lot and had found these settings. That's how I find out that it is probably the decryption process in the HDMI output that is to blame.

The reason for the delay is well known but there is no way way to fix it. Certainly an RC delay won't suffice.

Since the issue is only apparent when listening to two different TVs in separate locations I suggest you turn the volume down on one of them or wear headphones (wireless) coupled to only one of them.

I have this issue too - reducing the volume on one set fixes it.....