Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Gerber files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone

I am looking to get a new product manufactured from a working prototype and I need to get gerber files created. Anyone know where I can get gerber files produced and roughly the cost?

Thanks again everyone

Hi Paul
What software package did you design the circuit in. I would have thought the software you used can create them, you don't have to pay for them.
Thanks
Adam

Hi Adam

I haven't designed it with any software I just built my prototypes from assembling components that I purchased from the Internet. What's the best way to proceed? Is it possible for someone to produce a Gerber file from a physical prototype?

Hi Paul. You normally design it in a PCB schematic and layout program like DipTrace which is free. But there are lots of free packages out there. Do you have a circuit diagram I can see?
Adam

I don't have anything on paper Adam, I have basically bought components and assembled them to make my prototype. I wouldn't know where to start to draw a circuit diagram I know very little about electronics. I have basically assembled a 3.7v 400 mah lithium battery, a remotely operated relay pcb, a 3v 10mm diameter vibration motor, a charge lead. I bought it all off eBay to make prototype but now I am looking for prices to manufacture professionally they are asking for gerber files and Bom. I have hit a hurdle. Thanks for your replies.

From what you've said, I suggest send the final assembled board to a professional PCB designer, and ask him to reverse engineer the board, get the Gerber file, drilling file & BOM. Then you can turn to PCB Fab House for mass manufacturing.

davenn

Sorry for the late reply yes I have attached a pic of the pcb in question but without the battery and motor attached.

OK so that looks commercially built and not something you threw together as a prototype from a few components you bought

This is the way we will see your story ......
I have someone's product that I want to duplicate and sell as my own
I need to know how to copy the board layout so that I can reproduce it

so some on, give us all the full story and stop wasting our time

Like I said before I have made my prototype from assembling readily available parts I have bought from the Internet - no secret. The pics are front and back of the main pcb. I have approached manufacturers who have all requested gerber files to build the product. Again as I said in the post I haven't attached the battery or motor to that one. That's the full story the same as the original full story I gave u at the beginning Mr moderator.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
All they want are the files you sent them when you had your original PCB made.

I see why there's confusion. I don't think anyone, the board/assembly houses or anyone on this forum, really understands what you want done. Gerber files are a representation of how to fabricate a printed circuit board. The places that are asking for them think you want them to fabricate and/or assemble a printed circuit board. We don't know if you want to replicate the board in the picture, make a new board that incorporates that design with changes or additions or something else entirely.

davenn

OK I have discovered in another thread of yours where you also refer to this circuit board
post #4 has a link to the ebay item YOU BOUGHT ----

https://www.electronicspoint.com/threads/new-product-prototype.282027/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231784559855?clk_rvr_id=1194871030643&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

So my earlier comment stands

This is the way we will see your story ......
I have someone's product that I want to duplicate and sell as my own
I need to know how to copy the board layout so that I can reproduce it

you are wanting to copy some one else's board/product that you purchased, not built yourself

I really don't like being deceived !
and on that .... thread closed

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.