Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Anyone who knows PCB panel Gerber files?

Hello, I am the new person, is there any tool or process you would recommend that can take a standard stack of Gerber files (usually 2-layer, although the potential capability to support 4-layer would be nice) and bring them all together into one set of Gerber files on a combined single panel for fabrication, for fab manufacturer[Mod edit: link removed] where this is required or economically attractive.
I want to do this in a way that isn't labor intensive, doesn't corrupt or change the existing Gerber files, and takes Gerber files as its input, meaning it is independent of whatever EDA/CAD software is used by different people - Altium, Eagle, KiCad, whatever - as long as they're just able to generate and provide standard Gerbers from their software.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harald Kapp

As far as I know the PCB manufacturer is able by his own to place your design data (Gerber files) on a panel. If you want to receive the panel as a whole, all you have to do is supply a panel drawing showing where and how to put the single PCBs on the panel.
If you want to receive single PCBs, the manufacturer will typically arrange them on a panel of his preferred size in an arrangement that best fits his manufacturing process and later will separate the panel into single PCBs.
In neither case you have to supply the fully arranged Gerber files.

There is, however, at least one utility that does what you are asking for: gbtiler 2.0.