Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Frequency multiplexer

Hi,

I am trying to creat a circuit that recives different signals at diffent frequencies and bit rates and, with a microcontroller program it to give a single output with all the information at the same bit rate.

In bit rates, from 4800bits/s to 125kbits/s including 38400bits/s and the output should be at 38400bits/s.

Which would be the microcontroller to do this?

Thanks in advanced.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I presume you're talking about something that does something similar to accepting RS232 signals at any baud rate (automatically determining the rate) and which has a fixed transmit rate (no less than the maximum input rate).

If you are using RS232, you generally lose a couple of characters while it figures out the speed (although with enough memory, there is no reason why you couldn't store the incoming signal and reprocess it later.

Your description of the problem is so vague that my thoughts may be even less than peripherally related to what you want. You may need to provide a more "full" description. The nature of the input and output signals (the names of the standards would be good) are particularly critical.

Ok, lets see if i can express myself...
Im trying to make a device that will be able to read data from devices using RS422 (4800 bits/s), devices using RS232 (38400 bits/s) and CAN bus (125kbits/s) and deliver it at RS232.

Basicaly, integrate NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 in the same device (if its clearer this way).

Thankssss!!