Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Feeding load with two 220V AC power supplies to reach uninterrupted power supply.

ee switch.jpg

As shown in the diagram, I am trying to connect two power sources to load. The battery source is for emergency in the case of power outage of the wall source. I want the switching to be instantaneous with no interruption of power.

What is the best solution to this problem? Is there a board out there that I could use? There must be no interruption of power.

Thank you!

Moderators note : uploaded picture and inserted into post

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly . . . . . .EEngineer93 . . . . . .now REALLY ? and with its adjunct " 93 " ? that's indicative of a birth date of 1993 or actively "acting" as such since 1993 ?

With a DUAL mandate of:
I want the switching to be instantaneous with no interruption of power.
There must be no interruption of power.

You forgot the loads wattage and the . . . . .worst case . . . longest expected / experienced past power outage period

Firstly . . . . . .EEngineer93 . . . . . .now REALLY ? and with its adjunct " 93 " ? that's indicative of a birth date of 1993 or actively "acting" as such since 1993 ?

With a DUAL mandate of:
I want the switching to be instantaneous with no interruption of power.
There must be no interruption of power.

You forgot the loads wattage and the . . . . .worst case . . . longest expected / experienced past power outage period

I don't know how that's relevant to my question but to satisfy your curiosity its the birth year of 1993.

Load wattage = 300W
longest expected outage = 2 hours

Thank you.

In that case, you need a 24V battery bank capable of 4 hours supply and a AC line powered charger, feeding into it to maintain a full / trickled state of charge .
Then a 500 watt continuous duty rated inverter and your load kept plugged into the inverter . . . . .unless there is a time when the load will actually need to be turned off.
Same condition as . . . . . . uninterruptible power supply

In that case, you need a 24V battery bank capable of 4 hours supply and a AC line powered charger, feeding into it to maintain a full / trickled state of charge .
Then a 500 watt continuous duty rated inverter and your load kept plugged into the inverter . . . . .unless there is a time when the load will actually need to be turned off.
Same condition as . . . . . . uninterruptible power supply
Thank you so much for your help!