Maker Pro
Maker Pro

EP Newsletter

Did anyone else receive the newsletter? I think its a great idea, especially for folks that don't frequent the site that often. A nice aggregation of posts. Of course, I am biased as I was top billed :oops: . Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day :D

davenn

hi

yes, Ian had been discussing the idea of a NL behind the scenes ... I see there is one in my email :)

enjoy:)

davenn

I unsubscribed as soon as I saw it since I check the forum without prompting at least once a day.

maybe a bit hasty :(

its not so much about new posts but more about general; forum news ....
upgrades, down time problems, featured posts or resources etc
Things you may not necessarily look at or have access to that info

cheers
Dave

Ian

Administrator
Glad you guys like it :D.

I unsubscribed as soon as I saw it since I check the forum without prompting at least once a day.

Fair enough, I know that many of us will already get too many e-mails from all over the net on a daily basis. There will sometimes be stuff in the newsletter intro about site news, but I'll make sure I also post in in the announcements section too if there's anything important. If you ever want to view it without subscribing then it's visible here: https://www.electronicspoint.com/newsletter and it's easy enough to subscribe/unsubscribe from the dropdown user menu (or by following the one-click link in the newsletter).

Yeah nice one Ian, I can see it will be of interest to many. I normally just hang around the new post sections and maybe I miss other things that might have been of interest.
Adam

Yeah nice one Ian, I can see it will be of interest to many. I normally just hang around the new post sections and maybe I miss other things that might have been of interest.
Adam
I used RSS feeds for a while... until my wife got mad at me.

Has anyone seen krisbluenz, he not been on for a while and I know that's not like him, unless he is on Holliday .
He is helping with my amp repair and am a bit stuck now lol

Has anyone seen krisbluenz, he not been on for a while and I know that's not like him, unless he is on Holliday .
He is helping with my amp repair and am a bit stuck now lol

Indeed, gone since 2/27 with no word. I did ask a few folks on the forum, but they haven't seen him either. I even checked the obits! I hope all is well with him and his family.

Edit: I sent him an email as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian

davenn

He disappeared about 4 years before you arrived. He was still a moderator when I joined
I cant remember if Ian got in touch with him or not vaguely remember some comments in the
moderators forum from a way back then

He disappeared about 4 years before you arrived. He was still a moderator when I joined
I cant remember if Ian got in touch with him or not vaguely remember some comments in the
moderators forum from a way back then
I actually was on here back then and he had helped me. He was very resourceful. I was under a different screen name at the time. I guess we all come and go. Thanks for the input Dave, appreciate it ;-)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
I believe Ian contacted Resqueline at the time and reported that he was having a little time off.

@bikemech, PM me with a link to the thread and I'll see if I can help.

Ian

Administrator
On another note of AFK members: does anyone remember Resqueline? Does anyone know what happened to him/her?

I heard from him a little while after he left and he was taking some time out, but I guess that stay has lasted for quite a while now. I do hope we see him return one day :).

I heard from him a little while after he left and he was taking some time out, but I guess that stay has lasted for quite a while now. I do hope we see him return one day :).
That's part of the problem of anonymity on the web sometimes... don't know if members are alive or not! We had this happen on one of the woodworking forums, luckily enough, some of the members were friends offline, had had gatherings in the past and had called the spouse to find out the bad news....