Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Environmental Monitor and Control in a Farm Area

Hi Everyone, I just want to consult you guys about our project for the next month.

We are going to implement a "Environmental Monitor and Control" in (4) different Farm Station Areas averaging 15-to-20Km Far from each Other.

These are the 4 Station Areas
- (3) Subtations that has a "DATALOGGING" RTU with;

MONITOR:
(1)Temperature Sensor
(1)Moisture Sensor
CONTROL:
(1) Water Sprinkler
(1) Siren System

- (1) Command center

*There will be a Monitoring and Control HMI System, like SCADA, here in the Command Center.
*All the Sensor Data from the 3 Substations will be sent in the Command Center Database, and then translated into Graphs and TAbles by the Command Center HMI System
*Also, the Output Ports or Relay Ports of the Substations' RTUs will be controlled by the Command Center HMI System

For the NETWORK Plan, we are planning to use (2) Communication Media, first is through Ethernet LAN (Wireless VPN), and another is GSM .

The primary connection is the Wireless VPN.
*The RTU LAN Ports are connected to their own wireless Antenna, and the Main Antenna is located in the Command Center.
*In short, the router is located in the Command Center .
*This acts as the REAL-TIME Connection between the Substations and the COmmand Center, whereas the Substation RTUs can send the sensor data to the Command Center , of course faster than GSM-based
*The HMI System must control the Substation RTU Output/Relays via this connectivity

The Secondary Connection is GSM-Based
*The RTUs have built-in GSM Modules that will send the sensor data as "SMS Reports" to the Command Center
*The Command Center is equipped with a GSM Gateway to receive the SMS Reports from the 3 Substations
*Through SMS COmmands, the RTU OUTPUT Relays must also be controlled.

OVERALL, the GSM-mode is for the "BACKUP MODE" of the SYstem.

What we want to consult to you is the Datalogging RTU that has the capability to meet these requirements.
It must be able to communicate via Ethernet LAN, and GSM.
and the most important thing, We are going to make our OWN HMI System. So the Programming/Configurator Software of the RTU must be somehow open-source in a sense that we can make our own C#-based HMI Application Software based
on the structure of the original RTU PRogramming Software/Configurator.

In short Our own HMI Software must be able:
1. to receive the sensor data from the RTU.
2. to send commands to the RTU.

*Our HMI-System will be created with C# Platform.
*This System will be much easier if we use Arduino, since we can be the one to primarily program the arduino, along with shields that must be used for this system.
However, we prefer to use Devices/RTUs that may be classified as "industrial", because of some important considerations.

*and also, For Expansion purposes, we intend to use an RTU that has more than (6) Relay Ports having 5-10A Switching Capacity

Can you guys give me suggestions on what Datalogging RTU may I use for this?
Thank You!

Attached below is the system diagram.

Attachments

• diagram_1.jpg
    diagram_1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 95
hello, are you a filipino too? well i think this kind of project is somewhat great in magnitude and complexity, how lucky you are if someone will dedicate so much time to provide you with lots of info. and schematics about this project of yours, may i know if this is a company project or personal? i'll suggest you to have a multiple choice of circuit, so if one or two will not work, you have third and fourth and so on.............goodluck

Yes I am a Filipino . Also working on a starting RnD company , these forums really help me a lot even in my college days ...Forums are excellent source of relevant information you need that you wouldn't just find elsewhere.

but your project description is complex, is it your own idea? or from your boss? do you have deadline to complete these project?

This is my idea. I am still in the process of maturing the concept. and yes, scheduled for the whole month of July for the prototyping and testing .

1 month is just for the prototyping and indoor testing ,,, the timeline may be flexed, we just base everything in a timeline, so that meron kameng sinusundan for progress