Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Efficient telephone audio (300-650Hz) fedback mechanism !!!

Can anybody suggest any efficient audio fed-back mechanism through telephone line
so that the telephoning person can hear audio beeps, by which he can check the
status of remotely controlled device (teleremote control).

I have tried two circuits (see two attached files)

But cannot hear any sounds at remote calling end. I have tried all frequencies in the range 300-650Hz by varying
POT in the 555 astable audio beeps generator. But no result.

I have selected this range as in this range there is no possibility for any DTMF tones.
Thus audio frequency correctly fed-back to telephone line without detected by DTMF IC.

Audio beep relay turns on only after off-hook relay get activated.

I know that, in normal telephone line our vocal audio is captured by Mic, in turn converted
into AF electrical signals. To check further fed-back mechanism ( & to imitate in my project),
I opened my telephone set. But nothing can find out on a small, but complex circuit board
inside the telephone set.

Does Anyone knows any circuits (that should be of workable) ???

I forgot to say, I am feeding square pulses of audio frequency.

[ I SAY SORRY TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS FOR POSTING THREADS ON THE SAME SUBJECT BASED ON TELEPHONE ]https://www.electronicspoint.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

Attachments

• fedback1.pdf
    19.1 KB · Views: 174
  • fedback2(11).pdf
    21.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Can anybody suggest any efficient audio fed-back mechanism through telephone line
so that the telephoning person can hear audio beeps, by which he can check the
status of remotely controlled device (teleremote control).

I have tried two circuits (see two attached files)

But cannot hear any sounds at remote calling end. I have tried all frequencies in the range 300-650Hz by varying
POT in the 555 astable audio beeps generator. But no result.

I have selected this range as in this range there is no possibility for any DTMF tones.
Thus audio frequency correctly fed-back to telephone line without detected by DTMF IC.

Audio beep relay turns on only after off-hook relay get activated.

I know that, in normal telephone line our vocal audio is captured by Mic, in turn converted
into AF electrical signals. To check further fed-back mechanism ( & to imitate in my project),
I opened my telephone set. But nothing can find out on a small, but complex circuit board
inside the telephone set.

Does Anyone knows any circuits (that should be of workable) ???

I forgot to say, I am feeding square pulses of audio frequency.

[ I SAY SORRY TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS FOR POSTING THREADS ON THE SAME SUBJECT BASED ON TELEPHONE ]https://www.electronicspoint.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

I think all these problems can be solved by using RC or wein bridge oscillator
at audio frequency. Thus replacing square pulses with sine waves.
10k will be replaced with 470 ohm at coupling path. What about my prediction ???

A 0.1uF cap has an impedance of 5305 ohms at 300Hz, then you add a 10k resistor in series with this, resulting in a 11.32k impedance feeding into a 600 ohm line. Only 5% of the voltage you feed in will make it to the line. Telephone systems doesn't have much of a dynamic range so this may very well drown in noise.
Try replacing the 0.1uFcap with 1uf and the 10k resistor with 470 ohm. This will give an impedance of 708 ohms at 300Hz.
If you put the resistor first, then the relay and the cap, you can use the resistor as a low-pass filter too - adding a capacitor to ground. Sine is good to avoid interfering overtones.
Google "telephone patch circuit" to learn more about what you're trying to do here. Many useful examples turn up even in the first 2 hits, with 2 million hits to go.

A 0.1uF cap has an impedance of 5305 ohms at 300Hz, then you add a 10k resistor in series with this, resulting in a 11.32k impedance feeding into a 600 ohm line. Only 5% of the voltage you feed in will make it to the line. Telephone systems doesn't have much of a dynamic range so this may very well drown in noise.
Try replacing the 0.1uFcap with 1uf and the 10k resistor with 470 ohm. This will give an impedance of 708 ohms at 300Hz.
If you put the resistor first, then the relay and the cap, you can use the resistor as a low-pass filter too - adding a capacitor to ground. Sine is good to avoid interfering overtones.
Google "telephone patch circuit" to learn more about what you're trying to do here. Many useful examples turn up even in the first 2 hits, with 2 million hits to go.

Dear Resqueline,
Nice explanation. Thanks...