Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Dual supply power board +/- 25v

Hi,

I just bought one of these power amp kits for a small (micro) guitar amplifier project.

The guy in the video has made his own power supply for it, but I want to find a board, preferably pre-assembled, that I can connect to an IEC socket, then connect to the amp. I've searced around a lot, but I can't find one. Anyone know if such a board exists, or is the only solution to just use 2? Can someone recommend a solution?

Hi Loosewire. I'm not the person to help you here, however i'm sure what will be needed is a link to the kit you've bought or a schematic posted here so those with more experience can point you in the right direction. Plus tackling dual power supplies is next on the list for me, so useful for me to follow this thread :)

Best

Darren

davenn

The guy in the video has made his own power supply for it, but I want to find a board, preferably pre-assembled, that I can connect to an IEC socket, then connect to the amp. I've searced around a lot, but I can't find one. Anyone know if such a board exists, or is the only solution to just use 2? Can someone recommend a solution?

Reading your brief comment, I am not sure what your problem is

Do you have a dual rail supply but a single rail amp ? ....
just use the positive rail and leave the negative one disconnected

or a single rail supply but a dual rail amp ? ......
he shows how to do this option

Full details of the amp here

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20W-HIF...h=item2ca45e2091:g:TlsAAOSwcdBWTSOn:rk:2:pf:0

Seems it will accept a range of input split rail supplies.

Appears difficult to find anything on Ebay but could be just the description used.

One suggestion might be to use for example 2 - 12v dc plug packs perhaps around 2A each.
Connect the positive of the first to the positive input on your amp board.
The negative of the first power supply and the positive of the second, connect together and go in to the common on the amp board.
The remaining negative of the second power supply goes in to the negative of the amp board.

Attachments

• Amp.jpg
    Amp.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 9