Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Do I understand what this does ?

The description that they provide seems to verify that it what you suggest. It appears to be a toggle flifp-flop with a mosfet output driver capable of a few amps.
Not rellay sure what I'd use one of these for, but maybe others have ideas.

I guess my first thought is that it provides you with a powerful output that you just can't quite remember whether it is on or off.

https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/technical-articles/t-is-for-toggle-understanding-the-t-flip-flop/
This pages seems to cal it a t-flipflop, if you want some information.

AT $1.62 and free shipping, it is cheaper than buying just the power MOSFET. The 8-pin part is the FET, and the 6-pin part could be an LV logic part such as 1/2 of a CD4013. Or a 6-pin uC that does the switch debouncing in software.

ak

Thanks, gentlemen. I was unsure of understanding chinoisish...

If I could manage to delay the output pin by some RC components and feed it back to the trigger pin; these could be used as high current - low voltage blinkers, could they ? Time to scratch my head...

Thanks, gentlemen. I was unsure of understanding chinoisish...

If I could manage to delay the output pin by some RC components and feed it back to the trigger pin; these could be used as high current - low voltage blinkers, could they ? Time to scratch my head...
Just be aware the switching action takes place on the trigger release.(i.e. falling edge)