Maker Pro
Maker Pro

do i have to resize my pics?

i was fixin to post my little 12v smd led panels in the project logs section.

but my pics are 640 x 480 pixels, around 40kB each, JPEGS.

do i have to resize them to post them here? what software do you recommend i use for that?

That should need no resizing. You can post at least 100-150kB pictures here, and 1024 x 768 also seems to work. I resize with Paint (that comes with windows).

Another Option

Another option is to use PhotoBucket and use the direct link they give you there for your picture and then insert that direct link into the window that pops up when you used the "Insert Image" button above. It's the one that looks like a Polaroid picture of green landscape and a blue sky. Size doesn't matter when it's linked. The forum will automatically display a resized version of your pic.

davenn

Another option is to use PhotoBucket and use the direct link they give you there for your picture and then insert that direct link into the window that pops up when you used the "Insert Image" button above. It's the one that looks like a Polaroid picture of green landscape and a blue sky. Size doesn't matter when it's linked. The forum will automatically display a resized version of your pic.

its preferable to post/upload the pic to the forum
that way if something happens to the site that the pics are stored on photobucket, flicker etc the pix are lost but not if uploaded to the forum :)

its is preferable to keep them to a max of 800x600 and a max of 100kb else they are a nightmare to download

Dave

I found an awesome site for resizing pictures. This will really help me as I am often on computers that don't resize pictures that well. This web option will work for me perfectly. Now that I can resize pics easier I'll be using the attachment and link method of inserting pictures.

Picture Re-sizer Website

I have been using the free website picture resizer thing and it is slow. I recently downloaded Image Magic and I am much happier with it. I use Windows preview to rotate any pictures I need to and then drag and drop into the free program and use sliders to bring it down to about 800x600 (or 600x800 depending on picture rotation). The thing is, when you go to install it you have to make sure you uncheck all the things that want to install a browser toolbar, a default search engine, and something that allows access to your browser history for faster searching. Also when it asks if you "agree" or "decline" to install these two other programs just hit decline. It will still install the program and you won't have all that annoying crap on your computer that they try to sneak in there.

The link to the program is here.