Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Dishwasher PCB resistor burned out

A while ago our Bauknecht GSF 4640 dishwasher stopped working. It started but stopped after filling with some water. Lots of gunk cleaned out everywhere later it still didn't work.
When we checked the PCB at the bottom, I assume it controls the pump etc. had a burned resistor, and it's to burned to make out which one it is.
We've tried to contact the producers but can't seem to get the right person on the line.

I'm looking for the design plans of the board to find which resistor it is, it also seems the transistor right above it is broken as well, but that should also be in the board specification.

Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 14.19.13.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-06 at 14.19.13.png
    771.9 KB · Views: 327

davenn

hi swarmo
welcome to EP :)

can you please do a couple up pix of the area where the transistor and resistor are
1 of component side and 1 of circuit track side

Dave

Sure thing. The pictures are bigger but had to scale it down for upload. Kinda annoying focusing so close. Two close ups added.

Attachments

• IMG_6394 copy.jpg
    IMG_6394 copy.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_6396 copy.jpg
    IMG_6396 copy.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 470
Not anymore but it was a resistor completely blackened and broken in two. Maybe it only broken when we removed it from the board. In any case it wasn't possible to use the color coding.

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Clearly a short term overload for that resistor and not the case of it running normally at an elevated temperature (the underside and the surrounding area of the top side of the board are not discoloured).

I think you'll find that there's another fault on the board. Perhaps this is a gate resistor for a triac?

I note that one end of the resistor is connected to the IC, and the other is connected to the TO-220 device to the upper right of the first image. There als appears to be something hiding in the shadows there.

Can you get the part number for the IC and the TO-220 device, and take a photo so we can see what is behind those transistors in the deep shadows?

IC (U3):: MC1413P UL N2003A CTCT9528
TO-220 (M1) (broken - bottom) 9527 T410 600D
TO-220 (M3) (top) 9535 T410 600D

There really isn't anything hiding in the shadows, it's mainly just charred black: there's the IC; moving to the right M4 going down VD10, R18, R45, M3, VD11 and M1. Left of VD11 is the burned resistor the numbering of which has been burned of the board. The first image shows everything above the transformer.

In any case picture of full back side and side angle.

Attachments

• IMG_6387.JPG
    IMG_6387.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_6401.JPG
    IMG_6401.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Going back to the photos in post#3. Can you mark both ends of the resistor and the three legs of each of the unknown components above it on the copper side of the board. I'm having trouble identifying them.