Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Denon UD_M30

I have recently purchased the above from an ebay seller. Upon receipt I discovered that I was unable to open the CD tray.
First solution was a single firm press of the eject button. No luck.
Second solution was to press the power and eject buttons together for in excess of 2 seconds which would reboot the software. No Luck.
I would be most grateful if anyone would explain the problem and rectify with cogent advice.
Regards
Zeppo

I would listen for a noise as if it was trying to eject but could not. The mechanism could be jammed or the gear or drive belt broken. It could also have a bad drive motor.

Does it have a small eject hole designed to accept a paper clip to manually eject?
Does display give error code?

Sir Zeppo . . . . .

Looks like YOUR speeeee-cific unit has belt driven tray loading / unloading.

Also you are going to have to crack some eggs to make that omelet . . . .specifically . . .to pull off the top dust cover . . . to be able to initially see if there is no drag / fiction point where the tray mates with the front panel / cover.

THEN . . . .
Motor item 13 rotates in the load / unload direction and spins square cut belt item 9 , that is also riding in the top grooving of geared pulley item 8.
Gear 8 rotates and has its inner gearing meshing with geared pulley item 6's peripheral gearing.
Inner gearing spindle of item 6 meshes with the . . .YELLOW MARK-UP . . . linear geared rack of the item 12 tray to either run it in or out . . .accordingly.

Your belt may have loosened and is sagging and producing no mechanical coupling.
Your belt may have broken and is loose inside.
Your belt may have sagged and dropped one end down.
The RED mark in is an accessible entry slot where you might enter the eraser end of a pencil, inside to provide a wee bit of mechanical assistance, if you initially hear a slipping and spinning sound.
It might then cycle, with just that additional initial assist.

Thaaaaaasssssss-it . . . . . . tell us what you find and your degree of progress.

MECHANICAL BLOWUP . . . . .

51Jpc67.png

73's de Edd
. . . . . . . . . . .

Be . . . . . .THE . . . perfect man . . . . .
Don't ask a girl where she wants to eat.
Tell her to guess where you are taking her to eat, then immediately take her to the first guess.

Last edited:
Be . . . . . .THE . . . perfect man . . . . .
Don't ask a girl where she wants to eat.
Tell her to guess where you are taking her to eat, then immediately take her to the first guess.
That was how I won over the lovely wife Morticia! Ah, I still remember that first date at the blood bank...

What do you mean, “that's gross?”

I'm talking about the cookies you get after donating, of course.
Bob

Last edited:
I would listen for a noise as if it was trying to eject but could not. The mechanism could be jammed or the gear or drive belt broken. It could also have a bad drive motor.

Does it have a small eject hole designed to accept a paper clip to manually eject?
Does display give error code?

Thanks for your prompt response.

There is no discernible noise when the eject button is pressed.
There is no eject hole that would accept a paper clip.
There is no error message when the CD function is selected via the remote.

Any further thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Zeppo

That was how I won over the lovely wife Morticia! Ah, I still remember that first date at the blood bank...

What do you mean, “that's gross?”

I'm talking about the cookies you get after donating, of course.
Bob