Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Dell e1909w repair

Hi
I have a dell e1909w lcd monitor that it goes black every time it work lot or when switching screen beetwen game and desktop after unplugging the monitor for 5min it works again normal.
but the serious problem is when i tried to measures the voltage i made a mistake and a short circuit happened and the Q601 thing explode whit the smd resistors behind the board.
i replace every part near that area but every time i plug the moniter all the components that i replace with fuse burn,can someone help me please? i uploaded some pics of the board.
sorry for my bad english and i'm beginner in repairing.

F03P.jpg

OJ4V.jpg

the Q601 thing explode

Where is this part? There is nothing populated in that area and I can still see the burn marks so there was something there... It also appears you lifted the pads removing it, and that will have to be addressed...

And what is with that bare wire dangling on the underside?

Last edited:
thanks for replying.
i remove it so i can replace it again,now that big capacitor is short circuited the 2w resistor is short circuited.
that bare wire i think was made when i tried to measure the voltage and when the explosion thing happened, i fix it every time with some wires.
i can post you a pic with that part if it helps.

this a pic with original parts.
every time i plug the power these three part get short circuited,i can't find the exact resistor as you can see in the first pic.
2RU5.jpg

and the two smd parts that totally burned was these two i can't read them clearly after they burned so i replace with 2 that i think i saw them before when they were clear.the left one 18K and the right one 1k.

I2AP.jpg

please give me some advise

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
You'll need to get a schematic or a duplicate board so you can verify the component values and types and ensure you have the tracks you're replacing with wires going to the right places.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Well, a bit of googling suggests that you can buy a new one quite cheaply.

Alternatively, this thread may provide some information.

This thread gives advice on where things may be found. Perhaps one of the well known sites has a service manual?

edit: or check the part number and google for that too (finds more hits). It may be something like "4H.0L802.S11" (it lives near a bar code sticker apparently)

Last edited: