Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Cubicle LED Sensor

Anyone work at a cube farm? The rows of cubicles with the florescent lighting? ugh, you know the type. Me and my buddy were recently moved to the corner cubes, they don't get much traffic but when we get a visitor it tends to be the boss. We were thinking of placing a motion detector light to alert us when a visitor comes down the hall... so we can look busy :D

We were thinking about installing a sensor type device that would trip when someone walks past it and alerting a hidden LED light on our desk. Sounds like something we would have to buy at a spy store, but I can't find anything like that online. Do you guys know how to get something like this done? It would have to be something that's wireless, if not, not something with too many wires. then transmit a signal to an led receiver... ???

If anyone has ideas, I'd be awesome to hear, or if you have something other than the regular office mirror that you use, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks!
Strato

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
The easiest option is to always look busy by doing what you're paid to do.

A trivial option would be a web cam.

I second working when you are at work, or at least looking busy.

Besides a webcam, there are motion detectors that you can buy form hardware stores. Your chances of installing one of those discretely are slim.

Have you considered the consequences if you are caught for installing such a device?

---55p