Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Complete noob looking for some advice

Hello! I am a complete noob, but I have recently come up with this idea of a f̶l̶u̶x̶ ̶c̶a̶p̶a̶c̶i̶t̶o̶r̶ gamepad. I want to build one. It has a pretty unusual form and I think to mold a prototype from plastic. Also, I can't put a circuit from a random gamepad in it, so I also need to somehow construct a circuit, plus I need to put buttons in it, which I also don't know how to construct. Furthermore, the whole idea of this gamepad suggests that laser sensors will be used to track movement of some parts in relation to the other parts of gamepad. I thought that laser sensors from a mouse is a perfect choice, but is it possible to detach them and put on a DIY circuit made by a noob like me? I understand that first of all I need to learn the basics of electronics, but where I can read some info on how to build such things? And can you give some specific advice on my project? Thanks

I'd try Googleing this. There are probably a lot of people out there who wanted something like this, and I'd guess that there are plans on-line already to make one.

What system will the gamepad be used on? That is a great starting point. From there search the instructibles web site for projects. Google will smile when you hit the search button!!!