Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Circuit schematic

Has anyone done a teardown and analysis of those mini keyboards like this one?

https://www.amazon.com/iPazzPort-Wireless-Bluetooth-Raspberry-KP-810-19BT/dp/B01CE8F7YO

I'd love to repurpose one and maybe even hardwire it to a project instead of using its wireless function.

It would be a fantastic solution for people wanting to build handheld projects, who also want to conserve battery (every milliamp counts) by removing the wireless functions.

I've been wanting to build a mini computer into a first generation nintendo ds casing for a long time, knowing how to wire this keyboard to my ASUS tinkerboard would be the final step.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inevitably based on a matrix arrangement - like most (all?) keyboards. Maybe even a standard format/interface device.

Never seen a 'mechanical' hack of this keyboard but there are examples of the coding being hacked.

I was wondering about powering it off the same battery as the tinkerboard, and physically shunting the keyboard signal to an interpreter, like Ben Heck had done with the XBox chat pad.

The reason I'm trying to figure this out is both for power and space issues. This keyboard uses a receiver dongle that needs power, and takes up a usb port.

I suppose I'll take mine apart after it dies to look at it. (I never really got into the habit of disassembling functional equipment.)

Internally, this probably is a single-chip design, with the chip either a custom-programmed uC or a fully custom part that integrated the wireless controller into the keyboard scanner. IOW, there might be no signal trace spot to get the keyboard coding before it goes to the radio section.