Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Circuit recommendation?

I have finally completed a circuit that lights up a red heart that flashes. Thanks for all of your help on another thread.

I am looking to do part two. Part two is as follows:

I will be using a 2" X 2.75 " PCB board

I will need to spell two first names. And a plus sign in the middle of the two names

The first name has three characters

then the + sign

the third name has three characters

I'd like name #1 to be made up fo gold LEDs (yellow)

The + sign to be white LEDS

and the 2nd name to be in Blue LEDs

I would like the first name and the 2nd name to flash. The + sign can be steady state.

I have transistors, 555 timers and a pack of assorted IC chips 4070, 4071, 4072,4017 etc.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to which circuits to build t make this work?

Thank-you

1. Total how many yellow LEDs and how many blue LEDs?
2. What is the power supply voltage?
3. Both names flash together, or alternate?

ak

Yes...thanks. I will loop back to that link. Sorry, I have had so many references, it is hard to keep track. I will need to start bookmarking stuff

Harald Kapp

Does anyone have a recommendation as to which circuits to build t make this work?
You can use the same circuit as for the heart.
Use 1 × 555 to have both names blink at the same rate, use 2 × 555 to have the two names blink separately which may (or may not) give an interesting effect, depending on your preferences.

Harald Kapp

A single 555 can blink them either together or alternately.
To have them blink alternately connect the output and the LEDs like so:
upload_2020-6-10_18-54-32.png
Note that I omitted all the other components (R, C) required for the 555 to operate as oscillator. This schematic shows only how to connect LEDs to the output to have them blink alternately. See the 2 resistors? It is mandatory to have both in place. Do not think you can replace them by a single resistor to the output of the 555. As shown, this is a safe way to ensure no short circuit is present between Vcc and Gnd.