Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Circuit board for light fixture

I have a small over head light and desk lamp that I would like to hook up in a way that I could turn them both on and off in the same place. Currently they have the "wheel" switches. I was wondering if there was a way in which I could hook these up to a circuit board so that I only had to press a button to turn them on. And if so, how I might go about doing this. Also wanted to, in the same space (possibly on the same board) hook up a computer monitor/TV screen's input, volume, and brightness. I intend on using the same display for a computer, xbox, PS3 and also as an additional display for my laptop.

Don't know the level of your fabrication abilities.
You can replace the two separate wheel switches with a single push-button or toggle switch that will accomodate both power cords on separate (or even a parallel) circuit.
I strongly suggest you reconsider putting line-powered voltage on the same board as low-powered audio/video signals. Aside from safety issues, the close proximity of power to signal wires might cause interference with the signal wires.
Replacing the wheel switches with a diffeent type of swtch would not necessarily require the use of it's own circuit board.
Have you looked into a commercially available switching system for your gaming systems, or are you wanting to do this as a do-it-yourself hobby project?
We can offer more specific advice if you can tell us the level of your electronic fabrication skills.

I had a feeling the voltage would be an issue. And the idea for the lights was not so that I could turn them on at the same time but rather that I didn't have to climb under my desk in order to turn either of them on. I've never done any sort of electronics project before. However I am going into my 3rd year of computer engineering and have done quite a bit of work designing circuits and programming boards. Mostly I was hoping this could be a DIY project.