Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Check my wiring scheme please

There needs to be more information on the PID controller. If pins 3 and 4 are just connected together when the output is ON then there is no power to the SSR.
You need the input parameters.

Original wiring diagram in post#1 for PID. What other info would you like to know? My apologies, I know next to nothing re electronics.
Input parameters??? I have set the PID to use K thermo, to heat, set to use SSR. Is this what you mean?

If the wiring is wrong, can you point out what needs to change, using the original wiring diagram in post #1 as a reference?

FYI
DC voltage picked up by my meter from pins 4/5 from the PID, so 'trigger power' available.
AC voltage reading across Terminal 2 on SSR and Pin 1 on PID is OK at 238v

?SSR not switching on current to cartridge heater despite getting DC trigger from PID?

You have DC voltage on pins 4 and 5 of the PID, but what value is it and what does the SSR need to switch it?

You have voltage on pins 4 and 5 but have connected to pins 3 and 4.

If the SSR needs a low DC trigger voltage you could perhaps test it with a battery.

In #1 there are another set of 3 an4 pins for a 4 to 20mA current controlled loop. You hav'nt connected to this have you?

You have DC voltage on pins 4 and 5 of the PID, but what value is it and what does the SSR need to switch it?

You have voltage on pins 4 and 5 but have connected to pins 3 and 4.

If the SSR needs a low DC trigger voltage you could perhaps test it with a battery.

In #1 there are another set of 3 an4 pins for a 4 to 20mA current controlled loop. You hav'nt connected to this have you?

My error, sorry, DC is from pins 3/4 on PID, not 4/5. 23VDC is the reading on my meter. SSR VDC is 3-32

There isn't an extra set of pins 3/4, that is just an illustration of where a different type would be connected, i.e. to the same pins.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Are pins 3/4 marked + and -?

Are they connected to the + and - terminals of the SSR?

Does the LED go on and off on the SSR?

What is the voltage across the input of the SSR when it's supposed to be on and it's connected to pins 3 and 4?

Have you tried reversing the connection to the SSR?

Does the SSR work if you power it from a 9V battery?

Are pins 3/4 marked + and -? No, not on the PID, just referenced that way on the official wiring diagram

Are they connected to the + and - terminals of the SSR? Yes

Does the LED go on and off on the SSR? No

What is the voltage across the input of the SSR when it's supposed to be on and it's connected to pins 3 and 4? 23VDC

Does the SSR work if you power it from a 9V battery? Just tried that, and it came on.

Have you tried reversing the connection to the SSR? Just have, reversed the poles from the PID pins 3/4 to the SSR and it worked! That can only mean the poles are the wrong way round on the official wiring scheme, As they are visually wired incorrectly now, but it works!

Thank you, really grateful. Bit odd though is it not?