Maker Pro
Maker Pro

CCTV cameras

Before going any further I suppose I'd better ask - are there any CCTV-savvy people here or should I be going to a 'dedicated site'?

Anyway, the question is going to be related to some pan/tilt Sony cameras I've been given. They have a multi-core cable along with the usual coax (video) and power wires and I was wondering if anyone knew where I'd get any details of the connections on this multi-core.

There is no camera model number (no name plate, serials etc) and identifying it so far has been fruitless - not that I've had much time to do deep searching though.

Anyway, I was hoping we might have members that are familiar with CCTV stuff that could assist.

Pics to follow if they will be of any use?

.....by which comment I'm assuming you're 'CCTV savvy'??? Either way, here are some pics:Camera.jpg Crappy focus.jpg

Sorry about the focus - will do better later....

The label on the device says notalot i.e. Model Twilight PTZ 27IR and the one result I get from Google shows a downloadable user manual that doesn't download ;)

https://cctvdirect1.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205917421-Twilight-Pro-PTZ-12x-27x-33x

As mentioned, the cable is multi-core (at least 16 wires) with separate video and power but I need to know which wires are for the RS485 and what the other wires actually do - they might give me access to functionality that I need but don't know exists.

These are just 'play things' and will, if they work, be installed around my grounds and monitor the likes of hen house and fish ponds as well as wildlife. No great loss if they can't be used but it could be a fun thing to mess around with over winter.