Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Car Wiring Problem

Hey, I'm trying to install a power trunk/boot lock/unlock in my truck and am having problems with my wiring setup blowing fuses. What I'm trying to achieve is to have a switch where I can lock and unlock a power door actuator like this. The circuit I have for that works fine. But, on my power-door lock control module I have the option of a trunk/boot release which I have tried wiring this into my circuit. When I push the button to activate the trunk release function, it blows the fuse for my power door control module. I've tried putting a 1amp/20v schottky diode on the trunk release wire coming from the module. But when I tried it, the diode literally exploded! I've added a crude diagram here of the circuit. If anyone can tell me why this is happening / how to fix it that would be great. Note also that my power door module also has a negative output option for trunk release if that helps.

bootdiagram.jpg

I can't really make heads or tails of you diagram, as you have it shown, the lock and unlock signal go to identical relays that are hooked up identical, thus I don't see where one would unlock and the other lock...

My advice is to contact the manufacture, most of them are well versed in how to hook their devices up properly...

hi, how are things? was just looking at your diagram there why is your switch connected to the control module isnt that a + output anyway
so that when the relay switches the control module powers the lock actuator?? i would presume that the switch activates the relays and the control module sends power signal to the lock actuator? or have the relays got contant power and the switch activates the control module to power lock actuator? what kind of a switch is it that you have? i think cocacola you are right in that there should be a power lock actuator on the two seperate relays. not unless the one power lock actuator can cater for the two with multiple input output pins on it maybe??!

Last edited: