Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Can someone tell me how to read this Trifield Broadband Meter?

I just got this Trifield Broadband Meter in the mail today and when I turned it on the Magnetic (0 - 3) and the (0 - 100) ranges it moved to 3 milligauss, and as I moved around the room it slowly turned 3 1/2 to 5 milligauss to 2 milligauss and then back to 3 milligauss which is the standard reading for the room.

While the meter is on either one of these Magnetic (0 - 3 & 0 - 100) ranges, is it uncommon for it to read 3 milligauss or higher or should it be below this typically? Also shouldn't it read pretty much the same every time in the same location, because every time I check the room in the same location that I previously got a 3 milligausss or a 2 1/2 milligausss reading I get a 5 or 4 milligauss reading. Is this normal? (The batteries are brand new and in working order/strength.)

Here is the Trifield Broadband Meter.
http://www.trifield.com/content/trifield-broadband-meter/

Thank you for your help.

davenn

Hi
welcome to the forums :)

it will primarily be picking up radiated magnetic fields from the house mains power cabling. I could imagine..
1) slight variations in reading just with the meter tolerance at such low levels
2) variations in reading depending of if various appliances get switched on and off
say fridge doing its auto cycling on and off; air con etc etc

Dave