Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Camera Modules

I now have a collection of PTZ cameras (old style - 540 line, PAL, 26x mechanical zoom etc) - five fully operational domes and the same number of dome 'internals' that comprise the main control/connection boards and what are known as 'camera modules'.

These modules are self-contained cameras/controllers that incorporate the PTZ functions - many of these modules are interchangeable between cameras and have a lot of potential for playing with i.e. modifying.

I have an experimental modification on-going that has replaced the original CCD sensor with a 1080p module and I've fitted stepper controller chips to allow adjustment of the zoom/focus. I've yet to get into the RS458 interface to make it fully compatible with standard CCTV control signals (and maybe won't go that far) but it's been a great learning exercise to dismantle and modify old (functionally dud) camera modules. Ultimately I would like to make a long exposure version for broad 'skywatching' without having to use my telescope.

Thing is, I have quite a few fully working modules that I would love to delve deeper into - there are some I'd like to actually repair too (many only require a simple SMD fuse replacement) but there is scant details available anywhere I've managed to look.

Does anyone have any link or knowledge of where it would be possible to get the deeper technical details of these camera modules? They are all well past their useful use date - everyone is into HD(+) and WiFi version nowadays - so I'm hoping that any IPR restrictions may have been dropped and manuals made available to the general public???

My latest acquisition is a brand new (old stock) module (Mintron) type MTV-54G26HP that has a myriad of edge connectors (micro-sized plugs) that I'd like to know more about but my Google-fu doesn't reveal anything other than a technical datasheet.

Anyone?