Maker Pro
Maker Pro

BJT in IC, Feedback and Conventional Amp. Analog Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
a. With the proliferation of Digital circuits and Digital Signal Processing techniques, Analog Electronics have become obsolete.
Is it true or false?

b. BJT’s are not used in large scale integrated circuits due to their large size and high power consumption.
Is it true or false?

c. Why use feedback amplifiers instead of conventional amplifiers? Explain the pros and cons.

The above three are the problem which I'm having difficulty finding the solution.

for question a, I understand that the we use more Digital circuits nowdays because they are easier to handle than Analogs, since Analog is most likely made by hands, while Digital can be made by machines. I do not think Analog Electronics have become obsolte because in order to interact digital electronic device with the real world, it will always need an analogue interface. I understand the pros and cos of Digital and Analog, but can't really explain whether Analog Electronics become obsole or not.

for question b, I know that BJT is used in IC, but not really sure about large scale IT. This is the question which I do not understand at all.

for question c, I simply don't know the meaning of conventional amplifiers. There was something called distributed amplifer, when I searched up for conventional amplifier. I know that feedback amplifier is good for stabilizing gain, reducing non linear distortion, and noise, but the bad thing is, it reduced the gain. Since I do not really know about the conventional amplifier, I cannot compare those 2 amplifiers to solve this problem.

Please give me an advice.

Thank you very much.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
since Analog is most likely made by hands, while Digital can be made by machines

This is not true.

I know that BJT is used in IC, but not really sure about large scale IT

I think you mean large scale integration, not large scale IT.

I simply don't know the meaning of conventional amplifiers.

Think analog amplifiers.

but the bad thing is, it reduced the gain.

Is that always a bad thing? Does it affect the predictability of the gain?

How come it's not true? That's what my power point says....

And I was referring to large scale integration circuit.

I think it's always a bad thing, since we want to have high gain at the output.

Also, what do you mean by analog amplifier?

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
How come it's not true? That's what my power point says....

Well you're going to have to define what you mean by "made by hands" and "made by machine" because I interpreted your meaning being that analog circuits are built bu people and digital circuits are built by machines. As far as that makes sense its wrong.

I think it's always a bad thing, since we want to have high gain at the output.

Can you think of a case where you want a known amount of gain? (hint: It's very rare that you don't)

Also, what do you mean by analog amplifier?

You're kidding? "That which increases the amplitude of an analog signal" would be one definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.