Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Beeping from disconnected system

Hi! Our system has been disconnected since e bought this home 15 years ago, but has recently started beeping. I'm thinking a battery in it is going, which doesn't matter to us, except for the beeping. Suggestions?

If you're talking about a home security system (aka alarm system), the brand name and model number would be helpful. User instructions are different for different models.

That's a pretty good battery if it's been holding a charge for 15 years (or has been recharging from someplace for 15 years). I'd consider ChosunOne's advice and try to find out the make and model of whatever system it is. Then locate the power source and disconnect it.
You could find the beeper and disconnect one of the wires, but if there's some recharging system somewhere
that's trying to recharge a battery that's expired, you may wind-up with Dave9's scenerio of a fire at the source.
I wouldn't ignore it. I'd track it down and disconnect power to it.

davenn

Hi! Our system has been disconnected since e bought this home 15 years ago, but has recently started beeping. I'm thinking a battery in it is going, which doesn't matter to us, except for the beeping. Suggestions?

Since everyone else forgot to quote you and as a result, you wouldn't have got a notification, I have done so...

Again ... What "system are you talking about??? we are not mind readers