Maker Pro
Maker Pro

battery switch over help?

Hi
Im very new to electronics and have been thinking about modifying some fpv video goggles i have.
The product contains an internal battery and mostly this is sufficient for my use but my plan for longer use is to fit an external battery that could power the unit when the internal battery is low.
I need a switch that is safe to connect 2 lipo battery's to and when flipped swap the power from one battery to the other.
Thanks
Pete

It's a bit large, if putting it on the goggle housing, but would work otherwise.

However I can't see the banggood pics very well but from your pic it looks like you'd be wiring it wrong. Each battery would go to the two end contacts on the switch and the center contact would go to the goggles. You can confirm this with a multimeter once you have the switch.

Last edited:
The very high current rating of the Chinese switch indicates that it has silver contacts that tarnish when switching low current. Then the switching fails soon. I have always used American or European switches with low current gold contacts that last forever when switching low current. The high current silver contacts and the low current gold contacts cost the same.