Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ATX PS to Lab PS - Pinout info

I have a ATRIX PSCI-500BLK 500W ATX12V Power Supply that I want to convert to a desktop power supply but have a couple of questions. I can not find the pinout of this unit anywhere and have a wire color I cannot id. The wire color is a "Coral" color and seems to be a sensing wire of some sort as it is tied to the 5v red wire on the MB connector but also is included in the 4 pin connector (Red, Black, Yellow, Coral). Is this for the +5VSB and if so what do I do with it. Any help will be appreciated.

James

Modded ATX psu

Hi jimwill48.
Power up the supply with a load on the 5v rail and test it with a meter, it either needed as a sense wire or not, your soon find out when you load that rail with the coral wire on or of in terms of current and voltage difference, try leaving it connected first, see what you get in voltage on the rails, i will post a link below on atx modded supply's
Please be careful with voltage inside, there is power stored in the high voltage capacitors when the power is removed.Although some have discharge resistors, some power can remain for 15 minutes or more. Dave. :)

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/powersupply.htm