Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Arduino Idea?

I've just ordered an Ardunio and had a thought, is this even possible?...

Creating an AM circuit detector in analog on my breadboard, feed the analog out to the analog in, and gnd to gnd? on the Ardinuio? I presume the analogue voltage represents the signal sent right?....

My analogue circuit will simply grab the waveform and filter out a specific frequency,just before going into the arduino, a signal diode to cut half the waveform, now, let's suppose the frequency was 55mhz we filter out all other waveforms from the signal....

Could the Arduino / risc processor sample fast enough to send back through the usb cable and into the pc over a com port to then collect through a program and play back the signal the analogue detector is receiving ?

If it is, I'm going to try it when it finally arrives :( fingers crossed it arrives this week so i can get started :D

It doesn't sound simple & easy to me. In fact I don't even understand what kind of signal you want to digitize, and I don't know too much about the Arduino either..
I think we can forget about the carrier wave (say 55MHz). It's way too fast for the Arduino to process directly in any way whatsoever.
The diode thing is your ordinary simple AM detector, so let's forget about that too.
That leaves us with a low frequency signal of some kind. Now, what kind of a signal is this? Is it morse code, a single tone, or a frequency range (what range)?