Maker Pro
Maker Pro

anyone ever used Positiv20 ?

Hi !

finally was able to get some cans of Positiv20.

Anyone ever used that stuff ? Got some good result ? I cannot get any decent result with it !

Tried to spray thin coat/thick coat, tried different exposure time...results are not impressive !

for those wondering what this is, it is a spray that you put on bare PCB to make them photosensitive, so you can expose them to UV light to make PCB....

Harald Kapp

I used to use this spray years ago and I couldn't complain. I followed the instructions and applied a coating as even as possible, not too thick, not too thin.
At the time I (ab)used a 300W UV lamp that was designed for medical purposes for exposure.
I think I may have had to repair the odd trace using a pen with etch resistant ink.

Apart from the Positiv20 the quality of your mask is important. When I used photocopies on transparent film, the quality of the resulting etch mask was determined by the pinholes in the toner on the film. When I used masks created from dots and tape (well before computers and EDA programs took over) the results were much improved.