Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Ademco 4110 dc fail

Hi i need the hidden field to turn off an ademco 4110 intruder alarm panel, i remeber it being hidden and not on any installation manuals. Ajy help would be great.

@Markymo, I don't know what you mean by "dc fail". If you're referring to a display on your keypad, are you sure it isn't "FC" (=Fail to Communicate) being displayed?

It's been a long time since I worked with a 4110--I think they came out around '90 and I don't recalled seeing one in over 10 years, though I'm sure there are still lots of them out there---but I worked with hundreds, and I don't recall ever coming across a "hidden field" for a phone line monitor. As far as I know, the 4110 didn't have any phone line monitor option, and there wouldn't have been any reason to hide the field to toggle it on/off; so I'm frankly skeptical that it exists.

Ademco did have a phone line monitor module that could be wired to any alarm control panel like the 4110, but most people who opted for it wound up disconnecting it later on. They got tired of being awakened in the middle of night every time their phone line went down for a few seconds.

If you'll tell me what trouble you're having, I can probably help you out. For the last several years, we've had a spate of phone troubles from old panels hooked to landlines, caused by users switching from POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) lines to VoIP service. Alarm panels designed to communicate over POTS don't work well with VoIP. If your KP display is showing "FC", that's a possible cause, but I'm not going to speculate farther, not knowing what kind of trouble/symptoms you're having.

I also need to know if your alarm system is monitored by a Central Station (aka Monitoring Service)? I don't want to advise you to do anything to disrupt that.

PS: If you're dissatisfied with my response, try posting on this forum that deals exclusively with alarm systems:
https://www.doityourself.com/forum/electronic-home-security-systems-alarms-devices-87/
I'm willing to admit that there may be something about older panels that I wasn't aware of. There are several pro members here that are familiar with the Ademco 4110, and one of them might know something I don't.
If/when you post there, it will really be helpful if you describe exactly what trouble you're having, and what exactly what is being displayed on your keypad. And make sure it's a 4110. There are slight differences in programming between the original 4110 and later revisions like the 4110DL and 4110XM.

Last edited: