Maker Pro
Maker Pro

A Control circuit's Vcc

Hello,

I'm working on a boost converter. In the case that the input voltage is so high such as 100V, I can't find a way to supply my microcontroller's vcc. Is there any efficient method to do so? (Except putting an additional source for my microcontroller)

Thanks
BlackMelon

Harald Kapp

Is there any efficient method to do so? (Except putting an additional source for my microcontroller)
Cross out "Except".
If your controller's current consumption is very low, you may get away with a linear regulator, otherwise use a step-down regulator.

Hello,

I'm working on a boost converter. In the case that the input voltage is so high such as 100V, I can't find a way to supply my microcontroller's vcc. Is there any efficient method to do so? (Except putting an additional source for my microcontroller)

Thanks
BlackMelon
Is your micro driving the converter Show circuit so far.

I have done it from 240vdc using a resistor, Zener and Capacitor.
The current demand is very small and usually fairly constant.
M.

1. Is the boost converter isolated or non-isolated?

2. If the input can be up to 100 V, what is the output voltage and current?

ak

I have done it from 240vdc using a resistor, Zener and Capacitor.
The current demand is very small and usually fairly constant.
M.

Could you show me your circuit please?

1. Is the boost converter isolated or non-isolated?

2. If the input can be up to 100 V, what is the output voltage and current?

ak

It's non-isolated converter. The output voltage will be 220*(square_root_of 2) Vdc.

I, however, think of capacitors as in the attached picture. Will this work or not?

Attachments

• Converter.jpg
    Converter.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 64
I, however, think of capacitors as in the attached picture. Will this work or not?

No. Your basic thought is correct - the DC voltage will distribute itself across the capacitors in direct proportion to each capacitor's charge. Note that low cost electrolytic capacitors have very poor tolerances, such as -20% to +100 %, so the voltage distribution will be very uneven.

BUT it won't work because capacitors can not pass DC to the regulator.

ak