Maker Pro
Maker Pro

6 wire stepper motor question

ay up people,
i'm a propper newbie and i am trying to build a motorised camera mount for astrophotography, i have the wiring diagram (see below) but i have a 6 wire stepper motor and not a 5 wire as shown in the diagram.
could anybody tell me how to wire this 6 wire motor to this circuit ?
the motor model number is RS-191-8299 if thats any help

thanks in advance

andy.

Attachments

• circuitjpg.jpg
    circuitjpg.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 714
From a quick glance at the datasheet it appears you should have two brown wires, connect them together and that is the +V connection, aka the bottom one on your diagram

Blue/Yellow and White/Red are you side to side pairs...

Mind the pairing, I didn't bother to look into the logic of that driver chip but, as I described above the pairs are Blue/Yellow and White/Red...

Thus in theory Blue and White will be directly across from each other and Yellow and Red will be across of each other, you might need to flip them top bottom if it's working in reverse of what it should when you hook it up...

hi, it's me again,
i'm having a brian fart at the moment, i can't figure out how to wire this DPDT switch.

i would REALLY appreciate your help if you could point me in the right direct like what colour wire goes to which pin on the dpdt switch.

i've included some pictures of what i'm trying to do.

thanks for any help given.

Andy

Attachments

• dpdt.jpg
    dpdt.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMAG0076.jpg
    IMAG0076.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 317
Mind the difference between a toggle and slide switch...

If you use a slide switch and slide 'up' it will go forward as pictured, but if you use a toggle and flip 'up' it will go reverse... So you need to mind the top/bottom orientation based on your needs...

Attachments

• DPDT_stepper.jpg
    DPDT_stepper.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 234
Big thanks again.
it looks so simple when you see it with the colour codes, i'll try to finish it off tomorow, then lets see if i'll blow my eyebrows off.

thanks again.
andy