Maker Pro
Maker Pro

2.5K Ω , AC motor, actuator

Hello,
I am looking at this washing machine, clutch actuator. The motor seem to be the size of a timer motor which will reverse direction by applied force on the output shaft of the motor.
Somehow the gear reverse direction. I don't understand how it actually works. I have taken the motor apart. All I see is few plastic gears and am puzzled how it reverses direction.
Any help will be appreciated.
I will include some pictures if need be. I have to take it apart again but won't mind.
When it reaches at the end and when force stops it, it keeps clicking instead of reversing.

The first picture is the motor.

The second picture below shows the plastic arm on the left having reached its end position and it causes stress on the motor, and the motor somehow is forced to reverse direction and rotate counter-clockwise.

The third picture shows the plastic arm having reached its other end and it is stopped, causing the motor to reverse and move clockwise.

Thank you very much for any pointers.

upload_2021-11-15_21-22-2.png

upload_2021-11-15_21-17-30.png
upload_2021-11-15_21-16-47.png

AC synchronous motor, usually they have a spring internally which winds up and releases only if the motor starts to run in the wrong direction.

The old style clocks had such a device to ensure they ran Clockwise at start up, often the spring would fail and Time would run backwards!