Maker Pro
Maker Pro

zumo GPS holder fault

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and as for electronics repair, I guess I'll give it a go in most cases :)

I have a motorcycle GPS holder with spring pins to transfer power from the holder to the GPS unit once GPS is clicked into the position.
However, those pins are notorious to pop out, and so it did happen to mine too. basically, the 12V+ pin popped out behind the GPS unit touching the negative pin so shortened.
I would like to give it a go at repair. If you could please help me to identify the components I need.
Please see the pictures, one of them I can make 564 y, and the other 0.5 perhaps.
I only tried continuity tests on the components that are numbered red and green. please see the last picture with numbers and here are the results:
red:
1 no
2 no
3 yes
4 yes

green:
1-2 y
3-4 y
5-6 y

1-3 n
1-5 n
3-5 y

2-4 n
2-6 n
4-6 y
3-5-4-6 y

can someone please tell me what exact components I need to change, and what are they called?

many thanks
joe

WIN_20210805_17_21_31_Pro.jpg WIN_20210805_17_21_13_Pro.jpg WIN_20210805_17_15_49_Pro.jpg WIN_20210805_17_14_56_Pro.jpg WIN_20210805_17_21_13_Pro_LI (2).jpg

davenn

hi ya, welcome

Please see the pictures, one of them I can make 564 y, and the other 0.5 perhaps.

xx.JPG

It looks like a voltage switcher circuit with the diode being a high speed switching type
I see an inductor there in the upper right

who knows what the resistor values .... try measuring them .... tho be aware that the rest of the circuit may affect the reading
The only thing I could find for the 564Y was on a German electronics site where one respondant wrote .....

"STN3456 N-Channel Mosfet":

Hi,
thank you for your response. I take the diode and resistor 3 are functioning properly, where resistor 2 and 1 need replacing since there's no conductivity? as for mofset, since there's some conductivity, can we assume it hasn't got damaged ?
as per the diode, wasn't that supposed to be a protective diode and in case of short, it would be the one that would be blown to protect the rest of the circuit?