Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Yaesu FT 757

I powered up and tried to use my FT 757 which was in storage for about a year . Everything seems fine but when I press the AGC on the frequency starts to scan! any help or tips to rectify this would be most appreciated

Thanks and Brgds
4S7RD

Harenn

I do not know anything about the FT 757. But here's a general hint. If you press one button on the face of an instrument and another button gets actuated, you may have one of two things going on: 1) Some other button on the face is stuck in the pressed position, so pressing the second button causes the matrix keyboard to produce phantom keys which are the ones being acted upon. 2) You have a mechanical problem in the circuit board mounting.

For either of those, if you are qualified to do so, I would disassemble the unit, clean the keys, make sure they are free to move mechanically and reassemble the unit properly. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Good luck!

---55p

I do not know anything about the FT 757. But here's a general hint. If you press one button on the face of an instrument and another button gets actuated, you may have one of two things going on: 1) Some other button on the face is stuck in the pressed position, so pressing the second button causes the matrix keyboard to produce phantom keys which are the ones being acted upon. 2) You have a mechanical problem in the circuit board mounting.

For either of those, if you are qualified to do so, I would disassemble the unit, clean the keys, make sure they are free to move mechanically and reassemble the unit properly. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Good luck!

---55p

Thanks for that tip. Will try to do as suggested.

best 73

Harenn