Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wrong battery terminals connected to UPS

I connected the wrong terminals to the APC 1 kVA UPS and there was a smell for a short time. Then I realised about the terminals, checked the batteries fuse was blown and changed it and attached the right termnals but once again it blewed. Now the UPS is not starting, even on the mains, without battery connected. What could be the problem with the UPS, I opened the cover and found everything fine. Tried to check the UPS soldered fuse with my multimetre continuity test, there was no beep, but increasing and decreasing value. Are the fuse blown or what? pleas help.

I connected the wrong terminals to the APC 1 kVA UPS and there was a smell for a short time. Then I realised about the terminals, checked the batteries fuse was blown and changed it and attached the right termnals but once again it blewed. Now the UPS is not starting, even on the mains, without battery connected. What could be the problem with the UPS, I opened the cover and found everything fine. Tried to check the UPS soldered fuse with my multimetre continuity test, there was no beep, but increasing and decreasing value. Are the fuse blown or what? pleas help.
The fuse should be as close to 0Ω as possible. If the value is high, or inconsistent, it should be replaced.

You could also check all the power mosfets for an internal short. If you have a short on a mosfet, removed it and check it alone to be sure that you don't have an external element that cause a false short like a coil who is acting as a short when you check it with a multimeter.