Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Worldwide lighting made 20% more efficient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

http://www.isotera.com/

....this company has the answer to make worldwide lighting 20% more efficient.

Why?...well, because the PFC stage is centralised to a power hub, and then the LED lamps draw from it. The central PFC stage is 99.5% PFC, far better than today's units where each LED lamp has to have its own PFC, being only about 85 % PFC.

This hugh PFC improvement will mean huge savings as there will be much less i^2R heating in the supply system cables.

So why is the world not asking for an isotera system?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
1) It's more expensive.

2) Most consumers don't pay the cost of poor power factor.

3) it makes each device marginally (or more) less efficient

I'm also doubting the 20% figure given the stated power factor of 85

Do you work for them? :D

the coupling is very high 90's efficient.
Lighting is 20% of the worlds energy cosumption...more than computing.

The PFC needs to be centralised into a highly efficient hub, where it can be made 99% PFC....that much we agree i am sure(?).....then you either have DC coming off that or high frequency AC.

many customers pay for PFC.....and more can be forced to.........ever go passed a large office block and see the sheer quantity of lighting......that needs centralised PFC

The problem with DC is that you need it to be high dc voltage to keep current down....but then you get too much contact sparking when you hot-plug lamps in and out.

I dont work for them but my organisation is considering installing from them, and we have been offered a grant to do so. I can see this massive efficiency saving due to the centralised PFC, and i am thinking, surely its gotta be the way?

1) It's more expensive.

It is not more expensive.........there is no other system in the world that has the features of an isotera lighting system, so you cannot say its more expensive because, "More expensive than what?"

Isotera has NO ELECTRONICS AND NO ELECTROLYTIC capacitors in the bulb......all that is in the power hub which you can store in a cool place, or have a fan in it or blowing on to it, or the power hub can be mounted on the floor , low down, where its cooler......so isotera is the ONLY true LED lighting system which garantees >100,000 hour LED lamp longevity.

Add to that you can put any of the isotera lamps in a bucket of water, and that lamp will go out, but the other lamps on the same bus will STAY LIT..............show me any other system that can do that.....any voltage bus lighting system that gets any lamp shorted , well, it knocks out the whole bus....all the lamps go out.

So thats why isotera has one customer who uses it for lighting in remote places where lights might get drizzles of water on them from gaps in tents rooves etc.and yes that is a confidential customer that isotera cannot tell you about....................a confidential customer who goes into remote areas sometimes and wishes to set up remote command HQs where lighting is needed.and yes,, isotera is the only realistic system for them

Add to that that isotera is CONTACTLESS...so there are no contact sparks, so this is the only system in the world which is ideal for lighting in explosive areas.

..........And stuff like street lights, where its a pain to replace them....you dont want electrolytic caps in there and other electronics which is going to fail....you want an isotera system where the lamp has NO ELECTRONICS in it other than the LEDs.

Stop disagreeing it and go and see it where its installed, or go to led shows where you can see it yorself.

ISOTERA IS COMING TO YOU SOON.

There is simply no doubt.

Last edited:

davenn

I dont know if you are advertising for them or not

this is the second thread you have done on this subject ... enough is enough

but it has been explained before to you on this an another forum
why it just doesnt sound factual.

lets call it quits OK
thread closed

Dave

Status